Thursday, November 16, 2006

Madonna Wants To Buy Another Kid?

Madonna says in an interview this week that she intends to adopt another baby from Malawi, the African home of the baby she adopted last month. When asked if she would like another child, Madonna said:
"Yes, absolutely. I'm going to adopt another Malawian child very quickly. A baby girl this time, in order to redress the balance".
After reading "redress", you're probably thinking Madonna couldn't get any more pretentious or annoying. Oh but hey guess what…
"It was not me who chose Malawi, but it chose me. A native of the country contacted me though my association, Spirituality for Kids which I publicise in all my shows. She asked me for help as my fame could help focus on the problems. I started my own inquiry and I said to myself: 'They need help!"
In addition, Madonna has Bono in her corner.

The U2 frontman told The Sun: "Madonna should be applauded for helping to take a child out of the worst poverty imaginable and giving him a better chance in life. Baby David is lucky to have been adopted by someone who can give him a chance of survival in this world and I don’t think it’s fair that people are criticising her."

The singer, currently on tour in Australia, also cited a personal experience that he feels explains Madonna's actions : "About 20 years ago when my wife Ali and I went to Africa... a man who quite clearly loved his child came up to us and begged us to take him. It is heart-breaking, but he asked us to take his child home with us because he couldn’t feed him."

No comments:

www.espritshop.com



Yahoo! Personals

Thomas Pink

 
Yahoo! Music Unlimited